no run to down load an update

TomTom Model(s)
xxl540
I just bought a xxl 540 and when I went to tom tom home to check for update maps, I tried to update and it said I didn't have enough room to update the new map. This is my third tom tom and never had this happen first thing out of the box. any ideas for me to check and get my unit updated? thanks

That should not happen (but that is no satisfaction to you).....

First of all, when you connect to Home, I assume you are using a different email address than used for a previous unit. If not, do so.....

Then, in Home, Manage my Unit (2nd page), items on device-->voices, try removing all computer voices except the one you want to use. Remove all non computer voices except for one.

See if the map fits now.

thanks I will do that, but what happens when it comes time next year to update the maps again. I have life time free maps on this unit and would like to receive that service.

@old guy
By any chance are you using Home on a Mac computer?

OK. Never mind about the Mac, then. Sometimes the Mac 'forgets' to empty the 'invisible' trash on the device during an update, and memory just seems to disappear.

Ask a Question