No QuickFix Updates

TomTom Model(s)
XL340s
My last QuickFix is dated Oct 29, and nothing since then.
C:\Documents and Settings\EndUser\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\ephemeris

Moved the contents of the ephemeris directory on my computer to ephemeris-OLD (there were 6 entries), moved the contents of ephem on my device to ephem-OLD, held the power button till I got the music. Latest release of TT Home (or at least it says I'm using the latest release).

Nothing. The unit connects, checks for updates and returns "No items available" - other than the occasional map fix. I can use the GPS, but it's really slow acquiring satellites.

TomTom XL340S IQ Routes

I'm still running on the original map (USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P - 845.2670.2670), hopefully they haven't tied the QuickFix downloads to the map subscription service.

Gerry

After clearing the ephemeris folder off of your device, reset home to default settings--http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10059/kw/10059
restart home and do updates. Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Well, that worked, annoyingly enough. I'll have to hang onto these instructions for next time. I'm surprised I never found a hit on these instructions when I searched, guess I never searched on resetting HOME to the default settings.

Any idea what caused the problem, so I can avoid it in the future?

Gerry

What typically happens is that you pick up a fix update file with a bad expiration date, and seeing that, Home doesn't think it's appropriate to pick up any new ones. Getting rid of the old data leaves Home with no date with which to compare, so it just goes out and grabs you the current data.

My last QuickFix is dated Oct 29, and nothing since then.
C:\Documents and Settings\EndUser\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\ephemeris

Moved the contents of the ephemeris directory on my computer to ephemeris-OLD (there were 6 entries), moved the contents of ephem on my device to ephem-OLD, held the power button till I got the music. Latest release of TT Home (or at least it says I'm using the latest release).

Nothing. The unit connects, checks for updates and returns "No items available" - other than the occasional map fix. I can use the GPS, but it's really slow acquiring satellites.

TomTom XL340S IQ Routes

I'm still running on the original map (USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P - 845.2670.2670), hopefully they haven't tied the QuickFix downloads to the map subscription service.

Gerry

Had a similar issue. The link in a reply to me in this discussion worked! https://www.tomtomforums.com/general-tomtom-discussion/23882-quick-gps-fix-question.html

The key was also deleting any and all QuickGPS Fix files from hard drive on computer, also.

Ask a Question