No "POI Updates" after two weeks of Mapshare

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 2nd Ed
Using the Home update process, I've been getting new "Map Updates" each day . . . but I haven't been getting "POI Updates." It seems like a long time not to have any POI updates at all from Map Share.

In my TomTom's MapShare settings, I have all the check boxes selected (including "Corrections reported by many") except for "Corrections reported by some" which is unchecked.

Does Map Share update the maps that much more frequently than POI's?

Thanks,
Kev

BTW, I'm using N. America v710 maps on a 2gb card, plus the latest Navcore and Home software.

I used to get both map updates and POI updates a lot, but lately it's been only map updates. Maybe the POI's are all correct! :D

Corrections made by "some"

Still haven't gotten any POI updates from Map Share for quite some time.

Wondering about those Map Share settings, too. I've got all checked except, "Corrections made by some." What does "some" mean in TomTom lingo? Could it be just one person, or does it at least mean two or more?

POI Updates

I have had the same thing. I just selected all updates. I hope that everyone is accurate on MapShare, so I want to receive all updates.

Ah-ha moment

Finally found out that my problem was due to the fact that I didn't realize that there are Map Share settings in the Home software program. (I was only aware of the Map Share settings on the device itself.)

Anyway, the solution:
Connect the device.
In Home, go to the Preferences menu.
Select TomTom Map Share / Select POI Categories . . . .
Click the check boxes for the POI's for which updates are desired.

:eek:

Finally found out that my problem was due to the fact that I didn't realize that there are Map Share settings in the Home software program. (I was only aware of the Map Share settings on the device itself.)

Anyway, the solution:
Connect the device.
In Home, go to the Preferences menu.
Select TomTom Map Share / Select POI Categories . . . .
Click the check boxes for the POI's for which updates are desired.

:eek:
Thanks for that tip.. I also needed to do that.

Ask a Question