Mapshare & POI Updates

Is there any way to tell which POI's came from a community update vs which ones came from TomTom? Right now, I have all POI updates selected right down do accept changes made "by many." It'd be nice to know which POI info came from which sources...i.e., so I can judge at a glance how accurate the info may or may not be. It would also be nice to be able to tell which POI info came from TomTom vs a free database I downloaded from the internet. Also, when downloading multiple POI databases from multiple sources, is there any way to prevent duplicates from showing up in the POI list on the device?

old post, but as a new tt720 user I have noticed the same thing, I had "by many" checked and got a bunch of duplicate POI's. In each case the two are either in slightly different locations or one has a phone number and one does not. So my assumption is people are updating by adding the additional POI instead of editing the one that is already there. I went through and deleted a bunch of duplicates today (golf courses mostly) which was a bit of a pain and went back to "confirmed by TT" for updates.

Confirmed by TT for updates maybe the best option for you. I myself have seen duplicated POIs because of this.

Ask a Question