No maps found- The memory card is write-protected

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom XL
Hi.
Yesterday I was updating my TomTom and aborted in the middle of a restore. I thought I backed it up properly but must not have because when I turn on my TomTom now, it goes to a screen that says,
"No maps found! The memory card is write-protected" and you cannot get out of it.
We have tried to reset it and it doesn't matter. Every time it still goes to that screen.

I have attached a picture of the screen.
Has anyone seen this before??
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Lori

Attachments

• NoMapsFound.jpg
    NoMapsFound.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 581
Which of the several XL models do you have? A ONE XL? Tell us what the first two characters of the serial number on the bottom are. I'm trying to establish quickly what the internal/SD card memory options are.

You may be able to speed us up if you can tell us whether you have an SD card installed, and whether it is a TomTom supplied card or one you supplied.

Last, try connecting your unit to your computer before you power it on. Does Home fire up normally?

That's my starting point for the moment.

Connect to the computer. Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. If not sure how see here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/t17864-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer-restore.html

Once you are SURE the backup is on the computer, format the unit. Don't use quickformat.

Restore the backup. Does that help?

If not ........

Connect to the computer again and delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Connect to Home and install the application offered. Disconnect from Home PROPERLY using the Device Disconnect icon.

Any improvement?

Ask a Question