No Maps Found on ONE XL

TomTom Model(s)
ONE XL
My Tomtom One XL is currently saying 'no maps found' when it loads up. I can however see that the map files seem to be there in the file when it is connected to my computer.

I was having issues with my Tomtom so I did copy the files to my computer and then formated the SD card. I then put the files back onto the SD card and it is now saying this message.

I have never been able to get my Tomtom to connect to 'Tom Tom Home' or 'My Tom Tom' as it always says no device found.

I am struggling as to what to try next so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Your device uses Home 2, not MyTomTom.

Connect to the computer and make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents.

Then delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Connect to Home. Make sure you are using the cable that came with the device and using a usb port on the back of the computer.

You should be offered an application update. Install it and disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.

Restart the unit. Any better?

Thanks for your reply. I have managed to install Home 2 now and it did offer me an update which I have now installed. It is still saying their are no maps installed however.

The maps folder seems to be there as it is called 'Western_Europe_GB' and within it there is one file called 'cnode.dat' that is 173,803KB along with a few other files that are only 1Kb or 40KB.

Ask a Question