No activation required--is this normal?

Hi,

Just got a TT1 (it's brand new, not a refurb). During the past several days, I've done several updates through TT Home, downloaded POI from TT's online store, and used the unit for a couple of times. But none of these activities requires me to provide the code on the "credit card" in the box. Is this normal? what is that code for? Thx!

It's fine.

Think of the activation code as a product key for Windows. If you were to format your SD card or upgrade to a larger SD card, you would need the activation code to instal the maps.

It's fine.

Think of the activation code as a product key for Windows. If you were to format your SD card or upgrade to a larger SD card, you would need the activation code to instal the maps.
Interesting...when I added my 4GB card I didn't need the code either, but I did use a back up image. I guess maybe the code recognizes teh unit it is on and is somehow tied to that serial number

Interesting...when I added my 4GB card I didn't need the code either, but I did use a back up image. I guess maybe the code recognizes teh unit it is on and is somehow tied to that serial number

Yes, I found that once you activate a map and then remove it with some other one, it is still activated when you put it back.

Yes, I found that once you activate a map and then remove it with some other one, it is still activated when you put it back.
Thats because the mac files are kept in flash not on the card.
If you clear the flash with the TT tool then you have to put the activation code(s) in again,

Ask a Question