Newbe from MD

TomTom Model(s)
GO 700
Just got my Go 700. Be having some fun with it, gettting to know it.
Bought it off e-bay and was wondering how to tell if it was refurbished or not. Seller said it was brand new. Can anyone tell me where the Proof of purchase is? Or what is looks like? Would like to try and get the new maps and need to send in the Proof of Purchase.
Thanks
This site is very useful and has some very TT knowledgable people on it.
I really have been learning alot about this GPS.
Thanks to everyone.:D

Hello and welcome! Im not sure to check but did you receive a product code card with your unit? Also try to register with tomtom's website.

Oh yea.
Got everything and I did register with TomTom. It's one fun toy. I have a GPS on my boat and have used it for years and have also used one in the woods while hunting. I was just trying to get everything in order so I could take advantage of possibly getting a break in the price of a new map. Since I just got the unit a couple of weeks ago. Are you saying that I should just use the product code card for the proof of purchase?
Thanks for the reply

Well I would contact TT Support and ask them if you qualify for the free map upgrade that is offered until march.

Hi, I am also a new TT 700 owner (2 weeks). I bought a refurbished unit w/ warranty and I also got a product code card. I typed in my code number on the TT web site and it reply came back that I was not eligible for a free map update. I may try calling custromer service yet but I expect I'll have a long wait time. This is my first GPS device and I'm really impressed. I am also very impressed with this forum and many thanks to you guys who must spend many hours giving free advice to us users. After brousing through several postings I discovered POI2go which I am now using to create POI files for my area in upstate New York.

Hello and welcome. COngrats on the purchase. In order to receive your map upgrade you would have to contact TT support. I believe you have to send them a letter with a copy of your receipt.

Welcome

Hello and welcome,
Happy you chose TomTom and have to say that your refurb. tomtom is even better than a new 700. A few things have been looked into and has a better reception quality the screen is better too! It's actually better than new!
So from upstate NY? Kool I lived there many years what part?
Happy to hear you like the forum and will be happy to help in what ever you need. Our staff and members are the best in the Nav world!

George

Ask a Question