New XL340 IQ Routes - My TomTom account query

TomTom Model(s)
XL 340
Hi all, just a query re the computer side of things in relation to my new XL340.

I've downloaded and installed TomTom Home Version 2.7 and also created a My TomTom account at tomtom.com/10 and downloaded the latest maps etc. I log in with my email address and a password.

One thing I was wondering, under My TomTom in my account I have "My Profile", "My Support" & "My Plus Services" tabs, but the "My TomTom Device" underneath them is greyed out and unavailable. No device is listed. Is this a concern at all? I would have expected to be able to register my device's model and serial number etc.

A call to TomTom AUS's help line resulted in them telling me it wouldn't be greyed out if I connected my unit up via USB to the computer. I connected the unit and logged in and it was still greyed out.

At one stage today the TomTom Home progam asked me if I wanted to link my GPS unit to my account and I clicked "Yes" but it's still greyed out with no info on it.

If this question has been asked before can someone provide me with the link to the answer? If not, can someone assist?

When you do log into Home with your device connected, does the email address you used for the account setup appear in the top right of the screen? If so, you should be good to go. If not, what happens when you click on 'log in'?

When I startup Home with the device connected my email address does appear in the top right of the screen.

Everything works OK, I'm just curious about the following;

I right click on the TomTom icon in the bottom toolbar and select "My TomTom Account", then when that webpage opens I select "MyTomTom login" and use my email and password to login. It then connects to my account and welcomes me. I then click "MyTomTom" at the top right of screen with the small red man?/icon? next to it and get the screen I have attached.

As you can see the "My TomTom Device" tab at the bottom has nothing on it.

I'm just wondering if that's normal?

Attachments

• My TomTom.zip
    65.6 KB · Views: 245

Ask a Question