New TomTom XXL 540 Speed limits/alerts not showing

I just purchased a 540 XXL and the speed limits of the roads I have been on do not show AND although I have an alarm set for exceeding the speed limit, that too does not work. In the last hour I did the map update to 855.2934 with app 9.053.520930.2 yet I do not see on the demo routes anything different regarding speed limits and alarms for exceeding them.

I just purchased a 540 XXL and the speed limits of the roads I have been on do not show AND although I have an alarm set for exceeding the speed limit, that too does not work. In the last hour I did the map update to 855.2934 with app 9.053.520930.2 yet I do not see on the demo routes anything different regarding speed limits and alarms for exceeding them.
Not all roads are covered (i.e., they don't have speed limits associated with them). Have you tried this on major roads yet?

You can see if the current road has a recorded speed. Select the "Change Preferences" / "Status Bar Preferences" and make sure the "Show Max Speed Next to Speed" box is checked.

Also, be sure you have configured your unit to complain. Under "Safety Preferences", have you checked the "Warn when driving faster than allowed"?

Ask a Question