TomTom XXL 540 Australia

Hi, I have recently purchased an XXL 540 and I'm having some problems with it.

I initially connected it to HOME when I first got it to update it and it updated the application to 8.555 (something along those lines). After that the unit got stuck in a bootloop and refused to go past the tomtom logo so I had a look on these forums and manually formatted and replaced the software with a new version.

My mistake was I did not make a backup because I forgot about the maps that were preloaded, figuring I didn't have anything to backup anyway. Now the unit works with 9.061 but there are no maps loaded. When I connect the unit to HOME it either say no updates needed or tries to update to 8.555.

I also received the 12 bonus maps code and I've been trying to use that when I get the maps working but the code is rejected saying it is not compatible with this application version no matter what application version I try and load.

Is there anyway to fix this or should I just return the unit and start again?

Are you sure there are no maps loaded? If you look at the contents with Explorer, do you see specific map folders? Have you tried a reset of the unit by holding the power button about 10 seconds till you hear the drum sounds?

Returning it sounds like a viable alternative or you can call Aussie support at 1300 135 604

But if you do return it and start over, make that Explorer backup before doing anything else. See here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...4-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

Ask a Question