New TomTom but old map options still listed

I bought a tomtom xl for my parents and installed western europe map.

A year later bought a 720. Whenever I update the 720 via home, the option to install the europe maps appears along with a comment you cant install it on this device. (the 720)

How do I stop Home from checking on the west europe map for a device I dont have everytime it connects to the internet and offers the gps fix and map share options for my 720?

How does it know that I once owned an xl for a weekend) since I thought I had uninstalled Home after installing the europe map and giving it to my parents?

Minor but annoying.

I bought a tomtom xl for my parents and installed western europe map.

A year later bought a 720. Whenever I update the 720 via home, the option to install the europe maps appears along with a comment you cant install it on this device. (the 720)

How do I stop Home from checking on the west europe map for a device I dont have everytime it connects to the internet and offers the gps fix and map share options for my 720?

How does it know that I once owned an xl for a weekend) since I thought I had uninstalled Home after installing the europe map and giving it to my parents?

Minor but annoying.

Uninstalling a program may not delete any data that has been created by that program.Check your TOMTOM folder for the map ,a quick search for Europe should find it if you aren't sure of the path.You could just delete it(the map,definitely not the folder containing it),but I recommend just moving it to the desktop and make sure it doesn't cause any issues.

You need to make sure the new device has been linked to your account / Home using a unique e-mail address, if you have used the same e-mail for the new toy you will have loads of issues with wrong maps/ services etc - Mike

I had the same problem - In HOME, go to Remove items -> click the "items on computer" tab, and remove the map.

Assuming you fixed your login like mike has said, the map should be gone for good.

Ask a Question