New ONE XL-S Owner - Saving a route?

Hi guys.

I'm a new owner of a Tomtom ONE XL-S. As others have noted the Tomtom does not always chose the way you would normally go somewhere, but through the use of finding an alternative route, avoiding certain roads, etc., you can usually make it come pretty close to choosing the route you want (but it is a bit of work).:(

That being said, once you have creqated this route, is there any way of saving it and calling it up for the next time you want to go to that destination? Or, do you always have re-invent it? It would seem you could probably do something like this through itinerary planning (not sure), but are there other ways? It seems odd that you would have to recreate a specific route each time you want to use it.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Barry

Hi guys.

I'm a new owner of a Tomtom ONE XL-S. As others have noted the Tomtom does not always chose the way you would normally go somewhere, but through the use of finding an alternative route, avoiding certain roads, etc., you can usually make it come pretty close to choosing the route you want (but it is a bit of work).:(

That being said, once you have creqated this route, is there any way of saving it and calling it up for the next time you want to go to that destination? Or, do you always have re-invent it? It would seem you could probably do something like this through itinerary planning (not sure), but are there other ways? It seems odd that you would have to recreate a specific route each time you want to use it.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Barry

You're not missing anything. For TT to 'remember' the specifics of a route, then it has to be via Itinerary Planning. Just navigating to a specific location, selecting alternative to adjust to your liking and having TT pick that same route the next time would be nice. No question. But it won't do it.

Gary fME here,

Another new owner. It's taken me several hours to figure out the itinerary functions....still not clear on how many Itineraries I can save.

Can I save more than one?

Gary fME

Gary fME here,

Another new owner. It's taken me several hours to figure out the itinerary functions....still not clear on how many Itineraries I can save.

Can I save more than one?

Gary fME

Yes, you can.....I forget the limit but it is in the dozens.

Ask a Question