New Movies Thread

I think that this is just what he needs to keep from being "type-cast" as a nutty, loony character like he has always played. Looks fun!

Trust Carell

I think that this is just what he needs to keep from being "type-cast" as a nutty, loony character like he has always played. Looks fun!

I agree, its received very good praise already from The NY Times and LA Times, which is a great sign, and the film looks like it has some heart. I trust Carell to make it non-sappy with some awesome comedy woven in, b/c the guy has proven he knows whats funny.

The whole cast looks like it was put together well, ya know?

Peeped it at a screening this week

Not a bad film. It reminded me of "Little Miss Sunshine." I wanted more laughs but the movie is ultimately satisfying as it tugs at the heartstrings in the end.
Add my two and a half stars to the review pile. ;)

Carell's performance

Not a bad film. It reminded me of "Little Miss Sunshine." I wanted more laughs but the movie is ultimately satisfying as it tugs at the heartstrings in the end.
Add my two and a half stars to the review pile. ;)

I think it reminded me of Little Miss Sunshine only b/c Carell gives two awesome performances in both. Binoche was perfect for that role, no? Did you like Emily Blunt? She is awesome, need to see her in more films. I may go see it again this weekend.

Ask a Question