New Member using 720

One of the reasons I purchased this unit was to be able to have weather updates when traveling as well as traffic issues or delays. I was told by the Best Buy agent that this unit gets its info from your cell phone. Well, I have a V3M Razor, a new one and I have not been able to get this info. What gives? I get mixed info from Tom Tom and I also have read you need a special antenna for 129.00 that incudes a year subscription. I travel in Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany, and Rochchester, NY. During the winter, it can get down right dangerious. Any thoughts or help getting this final area for the unit would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Remster7:)

Hello and welcome.
To access TomTom Weather, you don't need a special antenna or a paid subscription.
As long as you can connect your phone to your unit you should access TomTom Weather.
When you first turned on TomTom HOME, it asks you to create a username(email) and password. Go to your preference menu and look for edit tomtomplus account. Enter that same email and password. This should enable your Plus features such as TomTom Weather. It will use your phone to download the updates.

Yeah you need a TomTom PLUS account (it's free) before you can connect your phone and download weather/traffic.

Ask a Question