new member help!!!

okay here's the situation, my car was broken into by some neighborhood pecks: teenage boys anyhoo i got my gps back as well as my cd's but no window mount, which i bought a new one but my gps' card is missing.. do i really have to pay 100.00 bucks for a loaded card, i bought a 4gb sandisk and wont work, i have a tomtom one v3 i think and dont have a 100.00 for loaded card, where can i download, (tom tom site) or get without having to spend so much, i could buy a new tomtom for that matter.. please help. . pm me or post .. thanks

Had you made a backup of your unit's contents (hopefully with Explorer, not Home) before the break-in? If so you can just copy everything back.

If not, was the map in the unit that which you originally got when you first had the unit? If it was an upgrade, then it still resides on your computer and you can re-install.

If you've gotten to this point, then you may be out of luck. A call to support at 866-486-6866 may get you some assistance.

Btw, I think the max sized card for your unit should be 2 gig, and not a sdhc card.

i just now gotten a pc at my home, when i bought the tom tom i used a computer at work , which i havent worked there in almost a year and have no way of getting to use those comps again i may be out of luck thanks so much 4 the reply

Call up Tomtom phone support and explain your situation. Sometimes (especially if the unit is under warranty) they'll activate an older map on your account for free.

Ask a Question