New member with a problem, please help if you can.

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom One 2nd edition
Hi Guys,
I'm a new member today and looking forward to sharing the wealth of information available on the forum.
To start off with, I have a problem with my older Tom Tom One 2nd edition.
My operating system stopped working so I downloaded the updated version through Tom Tom Home but now I have no maps.
My original back up files were on my old computer which I no longer have.
Can anyone point me in the right direction to download my original maps without having to pay for them again?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Keith

Unless your previous map was an upgrade from the original on the unit, you may pretty well be out of luck. Are you SURE there are no maps? Have you looked at the contents of the unit using Explorer to see if there is a specific map folder there (like USA_and_Canada) ??

Unless your previous map was an upgrade from the original on the unit, you may pretty well be out of luck. Are you SURE there are no maps? Have you looked at the contents of the unit using Explorer to see if there is a specific map folder there (like USA_and_Canada) ??

Thanks for the response.

The maps came with the unit, they weren't an upgrade

There is a 1KB MDS file entitled USA_CANADA, is this it and if so where should it be?

I don't know what an extension of mds is to be honest but if that's all you see and if it's 1kb in size, it certainly is NOT a map folder.

I don't know what an extension of mds is to be honest but if that's all you see and if it's 1kb in size, it certainly is NOT a map folder.

Where should the map folder be on the system, there's nothing on there that says maps

See below:

loose_files.jpg

Ignore all the other stuff about what to delete. Do you see a folder (in yellow) called 'Wester and Central'?

Well, in your case, it would be a folder in the root of the unit called something like 'USA_Canada'. It is THAT which is the specific map folder I'm referring to.

No, the yellow folders end at voices.
Do you have any suggestions of how to retreive my maps?
Thanks again,

Keith

Ask a Question