New Member Hello (540TM)

TomTom Model(s)
540TM
Hello, folks. Brand new member here. I recently picked up my first GPS - the 540TM. It is primarily intended for my wife, who has no sense of direction and has ended up, quite literally, hundreds of miles off course when leaving the immediate area.

I've been keeping it in my car for the few days I've had it, just to get the hang of it despite not particularly needing it in the immediate area where I live.

I've noticed one thing, and perhaps can get some guidance. One particular surface road I travel recently (well, a year or so ago) had the speed limit raised from 55 to 60. The TomTom thinks the limit is 50, and by the time I hit 57 I was getting the proverbial "red alert" about flagrant speeding. I'm vaguely aware that maps can be customized for stuff like this, but haven't yet stumbled upon what to do, or how to make the correction officially known to TomTom. Can anyone talk me through this?

Art

Welcome to TTF.

Mapshare corrections-->Speed Limit-->and select the road. (something like that :eek: ).

Be advised that your changing the road from 50 to 70 will NOT alter the IQ routing data but will allow for a revised speed to show on your gps screen as to whether you are speeding or not.

You're in California. Speed limits there are just a suggestion anyway, so I would just disable the feature of blinking red when you speed... :D

Ask a Question