Hello to all from a new member

TomTom Model(s)
XL IQ Routes Europe
Hi everyone, although I am new to these forum thingies I thought I might as well introduce myself before I start asking questions about my new XL IQ Routes Europe which I got for my 60th birthday (No I am not doddery - doddery I am not!).
Other members may find it strange, but I live with my wife, dog and cat, on a narrowboat and have done so for the last 15 years - wouldn't change it for the world. Why, I hear you ask, do I need a satnav on the canals? Well, I don't, but seeing as I work in a Hire Boat base (probably the best hire company in the world!) over the winter months we do have a car and we do travel around the country to see Son and Daughter, friends (yes we do have one or two), and various places of interest. We also go over to Germany to visit relations there.
I hope that is enough of an introduction but any questions will be looked at and then ignored!! No, they will be answered.
Happy Naving
Pern

Hi everyone, although I am new to these forum thingies I thought I might as well introduce myself before I start asking questions about my new XL IQ Routes Europe which I got for my 60th birthday (No I am not doddery - doddery I am not!).
Other members may find it strange, but I live with my wife, dog and cat, on a narrowboat and have done so for the last 15 years - wouldn't change it for the world. Why, I hear you ask, do I need a satnav on the canals? Well, I don't, but seeing as I work in a Hire Boat base (probably the best hire company in the world!) over the winter months we do have a car and we do travel around the country to see Son and Daughter, friends (yes we do have one or two), and various places of interest. We also go over to Germany to visit relations there.
I hope that is enough of an introduction but any questions will be looked at and then ignored!! No, they will be answered.
Happy Naving
Pern

Yes, welcome to this forum. You seem to have a wonderful life style and yes I am jjealous.

Other members may find it strange, but I live with my wife, dog and cat, on a narrowboat and have done so for the last 15 years - wouldn't change it for the world. Why, I hear you ask, do I need a satnav on the canals? Well, I don't, but seeing as I work in a Hire Boat base (probably the best hire company in the world!)

Well, Pern, last year I got my 930 and traveled 3,000 miles in England, Wales and Ireland. Never brought a map and when visiting friends in Little Sutton had no problems to navigate to South Pier Road, Ellesmere Port.
Welcome,
Arno

Ask a Question