New maps North America

TomTom Model(s)
Go 920 v8.010 North A map
Why are there several different "new maps" avalible for US and North America?
For example there is a North America and a North America 2GB, where the 2GB is actually smaller than the other North America map? Also the descriptions are the same.

the 2GB is smaller....and is for models with the smaller internal memory and for owners that don't want to use an SD card.

we suspect a little less detail and POI's.

If your using an x30 or have an SD card get the larger map.

North America map is full set of maps including massive POI database, it fits for 4GB internal memory space on such GO9x0 devices while North America 2GB is a stripped down version, same map but less POIs and it fits for 2GB internal memory space on such GO7x0 devices.

pmeredith I'm not sure if you tried this already, but if you go to http://www.tomtom.com/products/maps/select.php it will help you choose a map that will fit your TomTom.

I went to this website and searched for North America maps for the 700 and the 720. It shows the larger North America map available for the 700, and the smaller North America 2GB for the 720. Shouldn't it be the opposite since the 720 is a newer device and also has extra room because of the SD card slot?

I went to this website and searched for North America maps for the 700 and the 720. It shows the larger North America map available for the 700, and the smaller North America 2GB for the 720. Shouldn't it be the opposite since the 720 is a newer device and also has extra room because of the SD card slot?

Tomtom, in its infinite wisdom (cough), never considers the possible storage of the SD card for any map but only the internal memory size.

You could call support at 866-486-6866 and ask that the larger 815 map be associated with your account for the lmg.

You could call support at 866-486-6866 and ask that the larger 815 map be associated with your account for the lmg.

That wouldn't work with TomTom either. I called their customer support a couple of days ago and begged for them to allow me to install the larger North America maps for my 720. Their response was that the North America 2GB was the map built for the 720.

The lady did confirm that the difference between the two maps is the poi files. But I have seen people on this forum share the larger poi files with other members looking for them.

Ask a Question