Update maps North America and Europe 930

TomTom Model(s)
930T
I have TomTom 930.

Where do I click to update the new maps ? North America and Europe ?

Do I need Tom Tom Home program to download ?

I wish to download from a place where I can get high speed access, but I don't wish to install the Tom Tom Home program .

Can I download and save it to flash drive and take back home to install it?

Thanks

Zhong

There is no option for downloading and installing the new maps than via TomTom Home so you will need it, another point, when downloading maps don't use WiFi as it is well known for messing up large file downloads, you need to be using a wired connection to the internet - Mike

Those maps are very huge in size.

How long does it take to download at high speed?

What happens if your internet gets diconnected ?

Would have to start from beginning again to download?

There is no option for downloading and installing the new maps than via TomTom Home so you will need it, another point, when downloading maps don't use WiFi as it is well known for messing up large file downloads, you need to be using a wired connection to the internet - Mike

You should make sure your computer is using a direct connection, not a wireless, when downloading the map files. A disrupted download, if it happens, should resume when you connect again.

The speed of download depends upon the speed of your connection. A map download could take anywhere from about 20 minutes to 3 or 4 hours.

Ask a Question