New highway open for months and no map update

Report it directly to Map Insight
They are a royal pain in the arm!

Tried to report the opened section of McNicholl between Tapscott and Morningside in Scarborough, ON.
I had to go to Google maps to get the coordinates to enter in the report.
It did work OK in Map Share and my unit will select a route over it now.

I reported to Google at the same time, June 21, and 5 hours later got the following reply:
Hi Arno,
Your Google Maps problem report has been reviewed, and you were right!
We'll update the map soon and email you when you can see the change.

I don't know who will show the correction first but last time when I reported the Lower Simcoe underpass connection it took Google 5 months and TomTom 9 (IIRC),

Are you reporting to GOOGLE, Arno?

The MapInsight link above is direct to TeleAtlas.

Andy,

As I said, I posted at MapInsight but needed to go to Google to enter the coordinates.

I then clicked on the Google "Report a Problem" in the right hand bottom corner and entered the information there.
Much more user friendly as they allow to drag the marker to the spot.

Cheers,
Arno

So I reported it directly to Map Insight. About a week had gone by and I got an email stating

Thank you for contacting Tele Atlas. Based on a review of your report, we can now confirm that the change you suggested has been made. It will go out in the next release of our map database. This report is now closed.

I downloaded and installed the latest map release from tomtom and still no update.

So I've been patiently waiting...

What gives?

It's one thing for data to be in TeleAtlas' map package, it's quite another to see this data imoplemented in TomTom's maps. The data has to go from TA to TT and 'massaged' by TT to make it compatible with the Tom Tom units and additional stuff added (like poi data).

While 880 is due in November, the mapping division is already working on data to be implemented in map 885 due in April 2012 and 890 due out in July 2012

Sorry for not giving a feed back.
I cannot find the actual replies right now but think that Google posted the following day saying that I was correct and that the change will be made as soon as possible.

Surprisingly Tele Atlas came back within three days and sent me the same boiler plate reply you received.

I don't know when it happened but Google maps show the correction already since over a month.

As TomTom's 875 was just about to be released when I posted I do not really expect it to show until 885 or 890.

David, as I was still searching around I hadn't seen your reply but, it does prove that fools seldom differ.
;->)
Arno

Ask a Question