New here and Yes im another jerk off that didnt perform a back up

Ok, Yea im that jack ass that didn't perform a back up and is now in trouble, I have managed too Totally wipe my Tom Tom XL 30 series (how do i make sure that's the one i have?) i have done a TOTAL reformat using FAT 32 and now im at the point were i need too reinstall everything, Am i just a**ed out? Or is there hope for me?

Im not computer illiterate im just smart enough to get myself into trouble.

Thanks for reading and any help would be great!

After more reading i have found i have the XL (30 Series) TTS

anyone that feels like throwing this dog a bone it would really help me out.

Last edited:
Without a backup, and if the map was preinstalled when you got the unit and if you are beyond the 30-day LMG where you can download the newest map, your only hope to do call Customer Support and plead with them to add the map to your account. Otherwise, you'll need to purchase it.

Shouldnt be a problem

When trying too install the updates it always fails at /system installation, Is that due too the map?

Connect to Home. Navigate to Add maps. Arrow right (I think) until you get to items on my computer. If it lists a map, click 'more info' to see what it says.

Point is, if you DO have a map on the computer, even in compressed form at this point, we can do something, maybe.

See information here

ok theres no maps there, there isnt anything there, guess im gonna have too call and beg, I have only had this thing like a month.

ok theres no maps there, there isnt anything there, guess im gonna have too call and beg, I have only had this thing like a month.

Since it is still new I would take it back to the store that you bought it at. Tell them it does not work anymore. Ask if they can help. Some stores will replace it and send the unit back as a reject. Also is it covered under TomToms warranty?

Ask a Question