New 720 user..

Hello form sunny FLA! Anyway,just got my 720 yesterday. Should I input my free map download code now or wait til a couple of days before the 30 days are up?
Thanks...

Hello form sunny FLA! Anyway,just got my 720 yesterday. Should I input my free map download code now or wait til a couple of days before the 30 days are up?
Thanks...

Welcome......before you do anything, make a complete backup of the contents of your 720 using Explorer, not TTHome. Save this to a folder on your computer .... just in case:eek:

The latest North America map is 7.15 and was released a couple of weeks ago. There will not be another upgrade release within the next 30 days (they do it about 4 times/yr) so there is nothing to be gained by waiting. Just make sure you are going to get the 7.15 version.

Finally, I'd suggest this: get a sd card of 2 or 4 gigs. SDHC works in a 720. It will make your life easier in the long run.

Thanks for the reply

Welcome......before you do anything, make a complete backup of the contents of your 720 using Explorer, not TTHome. Save this to a folder on your computer .... just in case:eek:

The latest North America map is 7.15 and was released a couple of weeks ago. There will not be another upgrade release within the next 30 days (they do it about 4 times/yr) so there is nothing to be gained by waiting. Just make sure you are going to get the 7.15 version.

Finally, I'd suggest this: get a sd card of 2 or 4 gigs. SDHC works in a 720. It will make your life easier in the long run.

I have v7.10 out of the box will v7.15 make a big difference?
Thanks again...

I have v7.10 out of the box will v7.15 make a big difference?
Thanks again...

Not too much, I gather, but you won't be eligible for a free update to 7.20 whenever it comes out (assuming it'll be outside the 30 day window) so why not have the latest ... while you can.

I agree with what's been said before. FIRST thing to do is a complete backup. Then you might as well go ahead and get the 7.15 maps and when you install them make another backup. Then buy yourself a high speed 4gb SDHC card and you can put all the files on it. I bought a class 6 4gb card and moved all the files off the internal memory to the card and it warks great and I have plenty of room to spare.

Ask a Question