New 4BG SDHC Card

Flo

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I just purchased a new 4 GB SDHC Card. My Gateway / Vista 6.0 15 in 1 card reader says it recognizes SD cards but I see no mention of SDHC. If the card reader doesn't support the HC card can I accomplish all that I need to (formatting, copy, backup) through the associated drive recognized with the card installed in my 720? or should I take the card back and get a regular 4 GB SD Card? I wanted to load my maps, POI's. etc. on the card.

I just bought an HP 4GB SDHC card an hour ago. It works fine.

Just insert the card into the unit while it's powered off.
Power it on then dock it.

You should now see it in the Update pane as well as in Explorer.

There is no need to format or anything else from the hardware on your computer.

Let us know.

With a 4gb card you can use the TomTom as the card reader. When you have it in the TomTom and connected to the computer it should appear as a drive. You'll see one drive for the internal memory, and one for the card. It most likely came formatted, but you can reformat it if you want while it is in the TomTom. Just right click on the drive and choose to format it FAT 32 (from your PC).

There are several ways you can arrange your files. I found the easiest config is to just move everything from the internal memory to the SD card. I then use the internal memory for mp3's. Just make sure you do a backup before you start moving anything around.

problem with New sandisk sdhc 4gb card

I just buy a new Sandisk sdhc card to put on my go720, when I power on, I put to dock station and I don't see my external card on tomtom home software. I go to my device, I see the K: removal disk I right click on it and then I try to format and I see this message: There no disk on drive K.
Does anybody know about my problem.
thank in advance.

I just buy a new Sandisk sdhc card to put on my go720, when I power on, I put to dock station and I don't see my external card on tomtom home software. I go to my device, I see the K: removal disk I right click on it and then I try to format and I see this message: There no disk on drive K.
Does anybody know about my problem.
thank in advance.

Try a pin reset

TomTom Go730 - Kingston 4Gb SDHC Card

Just bought a new TomTom Go 730 and I can't get the music that I have uploaded to my 4Gb Kingston SDHC Card using Tom TOm home to be recognised by the TomTom, I can see it in explorer and even play it from the tom tom in windows. (It does ocasionally work, but this is very rare)

I have been in contact with Customer support, but after an hour on hold all they can suggest is trying an SD Cards!

I've formated the card several times, checked the process I use to load the music complies with the instructions, but still no luck.

Does anyone out there use SDHC cards for music / documents in their TOm Tom's?

If so can I have the make and type.

My opinion is they have screwed up and this unit doesn't work with SDHC!

Please let me know...

Cheers

Graham

Are the mp3's on the sd card in a folder called mp3 (all lower case)? They have to be to make the unit see and play them.

Yes the music files are all mp3's they are in a directory created by TomTom Home called "mp3" on the root of the SD Card.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Graham

No just E:\mp3

I do create sub directories of the music, i.e. i-tunes format, I believe this is okay as if I do it on the internal memory it works!

As I said in my earlier mail, I don't think the TomTom Supports the SDHC cards (well not kingston ones anyway!)

Thanks

G

Let us know.

I don't see any of that when I do that. No update pane or Explorer.

I don't see any of that when I do that. No update pane or Explorer.

Did your card come with a sd card reader? If so, insert the card in the reader and install in a usb port in the computer.

If no card reader and, when you insert the card into the unit and connect the unit to the dock, when you power up Windows Explorer, are you absolutely SURE Explorer doesn't 'see' both the unit itself (its contents) AND the card itself as a separate storage device? If not, then you'll need to format the card in a card reader somewhere as fat32.

If Explorer does see the sd card, then navigate to it, right click and you should see the option to format, select that and choose fat32.

Make absolutely sure you do NOT format the unit itself!

"F"rive

Let us know.

tomTom shows my SD card as being on the "F" drive. When I click on that to select it shows all the updates I have. I go to operate my Go, and it operates it, but how can it when there is nothing on it

Ask a Question