navcore version and map version...

TomTom Model(s)
TTGO530
Hi folks , jus backed-up my brand new GO530 via tthome AND explorer ,but how old is the versions l'm running pls...navcore ver'8.014....map U.K & roi ver 810.1887... are they weeks /months or years old pls. Reason i ask is because of the " hassles" people ave wen doing downloads , dont get me wrong , i know i cant stick with these versions for years an years , but done over 50 miles with it and its faultless , compared with the update of navcore 8.351...reports of voice being quieter, seems to me newer versions aren'talways for the better....if it ain't broke...don't fix it...yeah?

p.s. me an the wife are still using a 2004 AA atlas to get about , an ya know what ,the A64 hasn't moved an inch.!!..lol...yes l'm lighting the touch paper.....standing back now.........;)

The latest application is 8.351 and the map is 830.

Backup using Explorer, not Home and go for it.

Your map is a year old and will not have IQ2 routing.

The latest application is 8.351 and the map is 830.

Backup using Explorer, not Home and go for it.

Your map is a year old and will not have IQ2 routing.

well i done it , but , all downloaded ok-no errors at all..navcore 8.351, gps fix , katy comp voice ,u.k speed cams , and lastest mapshare stuff...but it didn't offer me the lastest U.K / R.O.I map....so l'm still stuck with the same version ,810.1887....any thoughts please...:cool:

What did you expect? You have to pay for new maps unless offered through the Latest Map Guarantee. And it seems you are way beyond 30 days use with your current map.

What did you expect? You have to pay for new maps unless offered through the Latest Map Guarantee. And it seems you are way beyond 30 days use with your current map.

lol...no,no, only ad the unit 3 days , and my first unit which is registered in the same e-mail add 21 days...the 1st unit i took back as faulty so my 30 days are not up as yet...:cool:

Oh, ok, sorry for the confusion.

You will need to call UK support:

08451610009 Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. GMT

and explain.

Oh, ok, sorry for the confusion.

You will need to call UK support:

08451610009 Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. GMT

and explain.

wheeyyyy completed thank you very for your help and the phone no.......what the u.k support help said was....
1-bottom right of task bar ,select exit if tomtom application is running-
2-select start-run-type in %appdata%
3-find tomtom folder , right click and delete it.
4-select start , my documents and rename the tomtom folder you see to something else ,
5- ok that
6-select start,programs and click on tomtom app to run/open,
7-login using your registered e-mail and password to the account,
8-connect your tomtom to your comp with the U.S.B cradle,
9- and hey presto , its now checking for updates and says whats availble again to download....

Well cool and pleased , everything working and bang up-to date.

cheers.:D

Ask a Question