xl
Hi My Tomtom XL IQ routes edition
is about 2yrs old and has the following information
on the "version information " screen of the GPS

Device AKSYC A2D3N
App 9.430.890926.2 OS 842337
GPS v1.2 Boot 5.5136
Australian map v 845.2661

Is any of the above the navcore version number ?

reading previous posts regarding finding navcore, answer was to press GPS signal bars and then pressing "version" on top right hand of screen but no "version" button was there, also most posts seem to quote a 4 digit number
Appreciate some guidance please

Regards John

John, the navcore app is indeed the 9.430 you have shown and it's the latest.

Your map, however is quite old as 890 was released just today. With 4 releases a year and increments of 5 each time, well.... you can do the math. :)

The option confronting you in this situation is do you want to spend money to put a map upgrade on a two year old unit which would be nearly the same or more expensive than buying a brand new unit which gives you a free 30 day map latest map upgrade guarantee. I would sell the old one and use that money toward a new one.

That may not be good advice unless you are SURE you don't mind losing the features you have on the XL that are missing on all new models.

Hi,

Many of the GPS navigator manufacturers retailing in Oz are using "3 years of map upgrades - guaranteed" as a sales pitch.

The last map upgrade offer I got from TT was at the discounted price of $59.95 with 2 maps or 6 extra months free, if I remember correctly - so about $120 for three years - assuming a "discounted offer" occurs at the right time.

Many of the "simple" units retail at about that price point here - so it really is a you pays your money and you make your choice.

But for a unit that is two years out of date with the map there would be an upfront cost to get to the latest and then the update costs go on top of this. I just checked the TT Oz site and $99.95 to update an XL IQ to the latest map plus 12 months of updates $99.95 again. So for the OP to get the latest map and 36 months of updates the cost will be close to $400 without discounted offers.:(:eek:

A $150 unit with 3 years of maps looks like a bargain by comparison. Go here to get an idea of whats available and pricing http://www.harveynorman.com.au/phone-gps/gps/gps-navigators (I have no interest in the retailer chain except as a customer from time to time) Note there is a TT unit with three years of maps for $98!!

Cheers

Go930user

Ask a Question