My 920 and space on my Device question

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920
This is something I don't understand. When I look on TT Home, it says that I am using 1739.30+ on the Device(this includes apps, NA map, voices, poi, safety camera, start up,shut down, warnings, etc.)

I checked Windows Explorer and I have 21.9 mb of MP3 and a WEurope file of 88.9 mb.
This would take me to 1850 +mb

Further it says that 3912 is possible space, but it says that 1069.8 is all the free space I have.

My question is what is there that is not showing (hidden?)?

I would love to fit both NA and WE on the Device as I could when I bought the unit brand new.

I don't know what you mean by a "Zoned" map.
This is showing on my Device directory. I can only access my WE map on my SD.
The WE map is the one that came pre-installed on my device at time of purchase, a couple of years ago.
Thanks for your speedy help, I appreciate this site and its members very much.
Hasiel

I don't know what you mean by a "Zoned" map.
This is showing on my Device directory. I can only access my WE map on my SD.
The WE map is the one that came pre-installed on my device at time of purchase, a couple of years ago.
Thanks for your speedy help, I appreciate this site and its members very much.
Hasiel

This is what is showing on my Device not the SD for WE maps

Your link doesn't work that way. Can you post the image to a photo sharing site like photobucket or imageshack and copy the provided link to your post?

You are missing a significant number of files, many of a large size.

For example, a cline.dat file of almost a gig by itself, a cname.dat and cnode.dat file whichcombined are almost half a gig. and so on...........

To me it looks like they are only POI files that may be misplaced, should they be deleted off of my device (as I am using the SD card to access my WE Maps)?

The files I mentioned are VITAL for the functiioning of the map and have nothing to do with pois.

The files I mentioned are VITAL for the functiioning of the map and have nothing to do with pois.
I understand now what you are saying about those necessary files, I guess my final question is can this file directory be safely deleted as I access my WE map from my SD card?
Sorry to perseverate.

Thanks, Hasiel

If the complete WE map folder is on the card and IF your unit functions properly using the map on the card then there is no reason to keep this partial folder.

But make double sure your unit does work with the card and make an Explorer backup of the map folder on the card to your computer.

Ask a Question