Moving POI's?

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
I just installed the new application version 2.3. I found a number of canadian POI's on HOME and downloaded them.

They were mostly gas stations (PetroCan, Esso, etc) and Tim Horton coffee shops. They dont come up in the applicable POI selections, i.e., the newly downloaded gas stations show up individually rather than within the gas station section, etc. I would also rather the Tim's was shown included with the restaurant catagory rather than a seperat "Tim Horton".

Can I move them somehow into their respective catagories?

I have a TTR2 if that makes any diff.

Cheers,

I just installed the new application version 2.3. I found a number of canadian POI's on HOME and downloaded them.

They were mostly gas stations (PetroCan, Esso, etc) and Tim Horton coffee shops. They dont come up in the applicable POI selections, i.e., the newly downloaded gas stations show up individually rather than within the gas station section, etc. I would also rather the Tim's was shown included with the restaurant catagory rather than a seperat "Tim Horton".

Cheers,
When you d/l separate POI files like that, they have their own catagory, separate from the preloaded POIs. Unless someone else who is more tech savvy has a better idea, the only way I can think of doing it would be manually reporting each one as a missing POI in Mapshare. That would add them into the pre-loaded categories, but would be extremely tedious.

Not sure who entered the Tim Horton locations. I checked in the city I am close to (Winnipeg, Manitoba) and pretty much every location is wrong. Some are out of whack by 6 blocks, others one block, some are so wrong there isnt one anywhere close to where they indicate.

Cheers

Cheers,

1) Moving their lattitude/longitude
If they are *.ov2 files, you may be able to simply edit them and choose a different location

2) Categorizing them under built-in POI categories.
I have a write-up how to link *.ov2 POIs into the built-in TomTom categories on my website:
>>> Linking custom POIs to Built-In POI categories <<<

Ask a Question