Moving map file to SD card on GO730

Hi All
I want to look to install the latest map 845.2645 (the 2GB version), however I believe the combined file total will be greater than the 2GB that the GO730 can hold internally, 1.84GB for maps and 240MB for the standard TomTom files
How can I save some of the files or folders on the SD card, does my TomTom see it as one expanded memory location or does it need to know to look for the map files on the card ??

Any advise would be appreciated

John

Last edited:
In theory, everything should fit on internal.

That said, get a reliable 4-gi sdhc (not 2) card from a well known company such as SanDisk, the faster the card (class 6 if you can) the better.

Move the entire map folder onto the card using Explorer and run the map that way with the application on internal. Leaves lots of room in both storage locations.

That's how I run my North_america 845 map on my 720. On the sdhc card in the unit.

When you upgrade your map, Tomtom HOME will warn you of insufficient space, and then lets you choose items for removal.

It recommends / pre-selects foreign language voices. Usually removal of voices is sufficient to free up enough space for the maps.

Ask a Question