maps

TomTom Model(s)
one 3rd edition
I have a one 3rd edition purchased Germany map, had to remove USA and Canada to install, worked fine. Now I need to install the USA map back on the unit and took Germany off to install UAS and now it says not enough memory. It was on there before, why cant I install it back on the unit. Thanks

I have a one 3rd edition purchased Germany map, had to remove USA and Canada to install, worked fine. Now I need to install the USA map back on the unit and took Germany off to install UAS and now it says not enough memory. It was on there before, why cant I install it back on the unit. Thanks
Have you added any POI files or voices since you removed it? A German voice or some German POI perhaps? If so, you may need to remove those to have the same amount of space available as when you originally had the USA map installed.

Thinking about it, the POI files are normally much, much smaller than the voice files, so the first place I would look is for German voices.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

I checked the device and this is whats on it apps. 10.1 mb voices 2.5,car sym.0.1,start up 0.2, shut down 0.2, phone connection 0.4, device mem 978.1 free space 628.2, installed items 349.8mb. something is not adding up.

I checked the device and this is whats on it apps. 10.1 mb voices 2.5,car sym.0.1,start up 0.2, shut down 0.2, phone connection 0.4, device mem 978.1 free space 628.2, installed items 349.8mb. something is not adding up.
Tom any help with this, I still can not install us map back on the device

Tom any help with this, I still can not install us map back on the device
I'm really not at all familiar with any of the TomTom models other than the ones I own, but with some additional information I might be able to make some suggestions based upon first principles that I think would apply to most models. (Hopefully this will not be a complete case of the blind leading the blind.)

When you use a file manager like Explorer to look at the US map that you saved on your computer, what is the file size of the map? Next, how old is that US map? Third, where are the "installed items" that you mention located (in what folder), and what are the file name extensions? (Specifically, of that 350 mb of "installed items", how many mb of those files are .ov2 files?

With best wishes,
- Tom -

I think this might be a LOT easier to work out if you can post some screen shots of the Windows Explorer listings of what's currently on the device and of the Map folder you want to put back on, and one showing the total memory use of the TT currently.

Ask a Question