Maps for Sale!

canderson

TomTom Model(s)
GO720, GO740, GO 1535, Via 1535, Via 1605, GO 52, GO 600, GO 620, GO 630, GO Discover, TomTom Bridge
Didn't see this posted elsewhere, so I'll make a note of it now.

TT's U.S. map store has been down for ages, but it's back up, and with quite a splash screen. They're offering all of their maps for 50% off between now and the end of January. Figure I'll go ahead and get my W. European map now at the reduced price rather than waiting until summer when I was actually going to use it.

--------------------
Edit... well, I see a post below now. That said, be advised that they're open for business and at a decent discount per above.

--------------------
Edit again... bloody hell. The site is down yet again. Seems it goes to sleep when Europe sleeps. No pretty yellow 50% Off splash screen. Tom Tom is involving itself in one of the greatest sins of business -- making it hard for people to part with their money.

Last edited:
Try getting your maps thru the Home program. It seems to have been working more reliably.

And from comments on British forums, go for the Western and Central Europe map. Many claim that the Western Europe map has been 'stripped'.

Try getting your maps thru the Home program. It seems to have been working more reliably.

And from comments on British forums, go for the Western and Central Europe map. Many claim that the Western Europe map has been 'stripped'.
Interesting (that last bit). Perhaps a good idea. Who knows -- I may need to drive the Czech Republic one of these days!

As for going through TT Home, that takes me to a Euro denominated web site.

Well, guess we'll see what happens...

----------------------
Edit: Not much. I gave the site my credit info, and it seems the download has bombed. The progress bar seems to have stuck just about under the "a" in "Download".

THIS should be interesting when I try to contact CS here in the States tomorrow...

Last edited:
I tried to log onto the map site. I thought I had accessed the site until it locked my browser. Happened three times. Still no map update info for me.:(
Twas my browser. Reset and I can get the page.

Last edited:
where are the downloaded maps stored

Where on the computer will a new map be stored and can it be put on another tomtom?I have the same xl as my father in law.I bought the 920 NA map from the uk site.Can i as add it to his XL?Or even copy it on dvd?

Where on the computer will a new map be stored and can it be put on another tomtom?I have the same xl as my father in law.I bought the 920 NA map from the uk site.Can i as add it to his XL?Or even copy it on dvd?
You'll find it in MyDocuments\TomTom\Home\Downloads. Yes, you can back up that entire directgory to a DVD for safekeeping. However, you'll find that these map downloads are keyed to specific TT units. Along with the map data, you'll find a file called *.TOC file. Now behave yourself:rolleyes:.

The US store still says Apologies. Are you buying from the UK site?
Finally gave up on using the web site and used TomTom Home (2.1) to pull down the map. It took just this side of forever today (about 4 hours for the W/C European map), but I did finally get it.

It would appear that their IT dept (or web hosting service, whatever the case) didn't plan ahead for the post-Christmas blitz.

Warning, do not buy a new map when you're on a Macintosh, you can not install it, TomTom Home 2 needed for that.

I went to the netherlands website and was able to buy the western europe maps last night. I used the address of the US embassy in The Hague and guessed (correctly) which buttons to press to select and pay for it (49.95 Euros). It indeed cannot be downloaded from my mac, but Home 2.1 on the crap PC in my office worked fine.

new maps updated

I have updated the new Tom Tom v7 maps for North America, and I must say I am pleased. Too bad it took so long to come out, but so far most of the errors that I had seen previously on the older 665 and 675 maps are fixed on the new V7 maps :)

I went to download the Spain/Portugal map from the Finland site, but it shows the regular price at 59.95, and the sale price at 39.95.
Not quite the 50% off that they are advertising.

Ask a Question