Map share, is there really any point?

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
Over the years, everytime I install a new map, I have to go and fix all the wrong locations of various business's, gas stations, etc in my local area. With each new map my previous mapshare corrections are never reflected in MapShare.

My daughter has a 340TM with the 860 map, I went and corrected (yet again!) all those same errors.

I just installed the 860 on my Rider and what'da know, none of the corrections I have made are indicated. I spent about an hour fixing errors.

Whats the point??

Anyone else notice this?

Cheers!

Before you do your next update, you might want to consider backing up both the mapuserpatch.dat file and mapsettings.cfg file and try copying those back over to your map folder after the update. At least it might save you having to re-enter things again.

I almost forgot to mention the other file ... userpatch.dat in the root (not the map folder) of your unit. You'll need that one, too.

Thanks for that info again, so this will move my changes from one map to another, but what about the MapShare itself....

I cant think of a time that a change I have made ended up on a mapshare update.

Cheers!

Thanks for that info again, so this will move my changes from one map to another, but what about the MapShare itself....

I cant think of a time that a change I have made ended up on a mapshare update.

Cheers!
I've submitted quite a few both via my TT and directly at TeleAtlas. A couple have returned fixed via map updates. Since I regularly copy those files noted above, I have no idea what MapShare is sending back from my own corrections. Wouldn't be able to tell one from another.

Ask a Question