Map 23 days out of date/can't apply map share

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 3rd Edition
So like i got the 7.15 maps for my 3rd edition One. It finally worked after not showing up after I updated my Home software for the Mac. There are still wrong address numbers on some streets, but "whatever." After I updated it, the small little squarish box at the top left said that my map was 23 days old and that Map share needed to be applied for some 1112345 (not actual number) changes to take place. I tried to apply those changes through update, but it did not seem to happen. It first told me I had no internet connection. Yeah, right. It seemed to apply the changes but then it still tells me my map is 23 days out of date. What do I need to do to get these changes to be applied to my TomTom?

So like i got the 7.15 maps for my 3rd edition One. It finally worked after not showing up after I updated my Home software for the Mac. There are still wrong address numbers on some streets, but "whatever." After I updated it, the small little squarish box at the top left said that my map was 23 days old and that Map share needed to be applied for some 1112345 (not actual number) changes to take place. I tried to apply those changes through update, but it did not seem to happen. It first told me I had no internet connection. Yeah, right. It seemed to apply the changes but then it still tells me my map is 23 days out of date. What do I need to do to get these changes to be applied to my TomTom?

When you see that silly stuff, assume the TomTom servers are acting up (again ...). Confirm you indeed have the correct map on your unit (touch the satellite bars, see the firmware version number, touch the screen again, see the map type, version and build. If you see a 7.15 version, ignore the message about 120000000 updates. :)

Oh, I got the right new maps, but all of those 50,000,000,000 map share thingies don't seem to update. I shall try again at some point and see if it straightens itself out.

Funny, maybe there aren't many TomTom users in my city. The maps still have some roads on them that were removed years ago. Also it has some numbers wrongs on some streets. Kinda stinky that is.

After updating both my Mac and PC to the latest version of TT Home, PC version says I'm 4 weeks out of date and Mac version says I'm 5 weeks out of date. Each displays a totally different number of available updates.

Both refused to download any updates... both said NO DOWNLOADS AVAILABLE. Mac version took my MapShare uploads after PC version refused.

I'm still using the US/Canada version 7.10 maps and my TT One is at 7.166

TT Home for Mac finally caught up to the PC... equally useless on BOTH platforms.

Any hope that they will make this work for Mac? I mean it did not say it would not work on the package when I go it. It's kinda frustrating.:( I do love my 3rd edition.:)

Any hope that they will make this work for Mac? I mean it did not say it would not work on the package when I go it. It's kinda frustrating.:( I do love my 3rd edition.:)

Read my post above.

From what I'm seeing, the latest version of TT Home is working on both Mac & PC equally bad.

I'm considering going back to the 1.6 version on the Mac.

Let me know how that goes. I may do the same. Oh, also let me know how to do it.

Well at least I'm not alone. Did TomTom Home Mac update today and I can't get it to apply MapShare updates. It says I have 24 days worth, but when I go to update it says I have nothing.

Go Mac Go

Well at least I'm not alone. Did TomTom Home Mac update today and I can't get it to apply MapShare updates. It says I have 24 days worth, but when I go to update it says I have nothing.

Yep, me too. At least there are efforts to mate GPS and Mac. For years I have struggled as a Mac user....

Ask a Question