Making your own Voice Files

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One Third Edition
I saw that you can make your own voice files somewhere on the internet

http://tomtom.graemelucas.co.uk/

I was thinking that a very good voice that would catch one's attention, would be that of the
"Chipmonks" in the Disney movies!

Probably Trademarked, but what the heck...?

Has anyone made their own voice files?

Hard to do?

DoctorBill

I saw that you can make your own voice files somewhere on the internet

http://tomtom.graemelucas.co.uk/

I was thinking that a very good voice that would catch one's attention, would be that of the
"Chipmonks" in the Disney movies!

Probably Trademarked, but what the heck...?

Has anyone made their own voice files?

Hard to do?

DoctorBill

I think you are mixing up Voices you can download or buy from various websites versus sounds and warning YOU can record, save, and tie in with various warnings on your unit. In other words, YOU can record things like 'Turn left', etc.

Or, maybe I'M mixing up what you are asking for! :eek: :eek:

I think you are mixing up Voices you can download or buy from various websites versus sounds and warning YOU can record, save, and tie in with various warnings on your unit. In other words, YOU can record things like 'Turn left', etc.

Or, maybe I'M mixing up what you are asking for! :eek: :eek:

I actually have a link to that page on my website. It is definitely for creating your own directional voices for navigation. If you have a method to record your voice and then manipulate that file to change it's characteristics (like maybe a *wav editor program), it is concievable to create a chipmunk sounding voice.

Plus, if you don't like the fact that many of the voices uses YARDS versus the reality distance of FEET, you can create your own voice file saying 500 FEET instead of 500 YARDS.

Plus, if you don't like the fact that many of the voices uses YARDS versus the reality distance of FEET, you can create your own voice file saying 500 FEET instead of 500 YARDS.

Of course you probably shouldn't directly replace yards with feet since 500 yards would be 1500 feet. :D

Of course you probably shouldn't directly replace yards with feet since 500 yards would be 1500 feet. :D

Actually, I think you are missing my point. My TomTom is CLEARLY not correct with it's yards estimation. It'll say 50 YARDS, but I know that 50 FEET is MUCH more accurate. When it says 300 YARDS (that would be 3 football fields!) to my next turn, it really is more like 100 YARDS (300 FEET or 1 football field) away.

Others have also noticed this gross inaccuracy.

Go Metric :D the metric versions seem accurate ... although the instructions 'turn right ahead' when you are still one or two intersections from the actual turn are a bit misleading :confused: if one in not paying attention to the distance displayed on the TT unit :rolleyes:

Actually, I think you are missing my point. My TomTom is CLEARLY not correct with it's yards estimation. It'll say 50 YARDS, but I know that 50 FEET is MUCH more accurate. When it says 300 YARDS (that would be 3 football fields!) to my next turn, it really is more like 100 YARDS (300 FEET or 1 football field) away.

Others have also noticed this gross inaccuracy.

Ah, gotcha. In that case, yes, I agree!

Ask a Question