Lost HOME on last update

TomTom Model(s)
One XL-S
I have a One XL-S. I connected my TomTom to the computer. HOME opened and there were new updates available to be downloaded so I chose to update. After everything was downloaded it told me to disconnect my device and then reconnect. I did that and when I opened HOME I get a message that says "Error when contacting server. You have an invalid version of the TomTom application installed on your TomTom device. To use HOME you need to install the correct version of the TomTom application." I have NO idea how to install the "correct version." My HOME does not open now. I tried re-installing HOME but that did not help. Seems like my device needs some kind of fix.

Anyone know what to do??

Try doing a pin reset and then docking it again. If that does not fix it, do a search in the forum for "invalid version". There have been previous posts on this problem that might help.

TomTom One XL-S issue

Hi Hugh

I am not sure if you managed to find the resolution to your GPS issue. Anyway,I have the TomTom One XL-S and was having the same problem.

What I did was from the TomTom Home main menu, choose Add Maps, Traffic, Voices etc.-> Items on My Computer. From the list under Applications, choose TomTom Application for One XL (10.5MB). Click Add. **Do not choose the TomTom Application for One XL T.
Once the TomTom Application for One XL has been installed, follow the restart procedure. When you run the regular updates, make sure that you uncheck the TomTom Application for One XL T in the update applications. it seems that this application is the one causing the issue you are (& I was but no more) getting.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,
Nilesh Shah

Hi Hugh

I am not sure if you managed to find the resolution to your GPS issue. Anyway,I have the TomTom One XL-S and was having the same problem.

What I did was from the TomTom Home main menu, choose Add Maps, Traffic, Voices etc.-> Items on My Computer. From the list under Applications, choose TomTom Application for One XL (10.5MB). Click Add. **Do not choose the TomTom Application for One XL T.
Once the TomTom Application for One XL has been installed, follow the restart procedure. When you run the regular updates, make sure that you uncheck the TomTom Application for One XL T in the update applications. it seems that this application is the one causing the issue you are (& I was but no more) getting.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,
Nilesh Shah

Thanks Nilesh Shah,

This worked perfectly for me!!!

Regards,
Taskbar

Hi Hugh

Hope this helps you.

Regards,
Nilesh Shah

I have an XLS and use a 2GB SD card. I am/was having the same problem, and tried this. It did get me back to the earlier version (V7.167, I believe.) What is odd is that somehow all my Favorites are gone. So, I thought I could just do a restore from my "pre-update" backup to get my favorites back, but HOME says it can't restore to my SD card, since it doesn't think I have one inserted.

Any ideas? The system runs on the SD card, but HOME just doesn't know it's active.

Hi Hugh

Hope this helps you.

Regards,
Nilesh Shah

It bites that I have to use the older version for my TomTom XL S, version 7.167, instead of the updated version 8.010. Have you found a way to upgrade without getting the following user error: ERROR LINK

Yes, I really wish I could use the newer version of the app as well. It's a lot nicer than the previous version. But whenever I use it, I cannot download map updates that others have posted. What a bummer :(

Ask a Question