Loading Phonebook to 720

Hello!

I am unable to load my phonebook from my LG mobile phone. Is there something that i may not be doing correctly to get this to work? My phone connects perfectly to the 720 just unable to upload the phonebook to it.

If someone can let me know what i am doing wrong i would be in your debt! :)

Thanks!
Dark

I had the same problem, could'nt load the phone book into the TT although it was paired to it. I have the LG Chocolate. I got this response from customer support and some members here have tried it and it works. I have yet to load my numbers in this way. Here is TTCS response.

Thank you for taking the time to contact TomTom Support regarding phone book entries. It is our goal to provide you with an exceptional customer experience.

We are always happy to help. Due to hardware and/or software issues we regret to inform you that your LG VX8500's are not listed as compatible with the Go 720. We are constantly testing new phones, however, if one or more features are not functional we must deem the device incompatible. Please rest assured that TomTom is committed to making our services compatible with as many cellular phone models as possible. We regret any frustration this may cause.

If you would still like to attempt to input your phone books, this can be attempted manually. Again, we cannot guarantee functionality with this phone. To transfer your phone book entries, please take the steps outlined below:

- Connect your Go 720 to the computer.

- On your computer desktop open My Computer.

- Open the TomTom drive.

- Make a txt file in the root of your TT called contacts.txt .

- Put the next lines in the txt file (copy and Paste):

"name1","0011234567890"
"name2","0011234567890"
"name3","0011234567890"
"name4","0011234567890"
"name5","0011234567890"
"name6","0011234567890"

- Now you can fill in your names and phone numbers: rename name1 etc. to ex. Peter, Joe, etc. Please note that you can places spaces in the Names (ex. "Peter Collins","0011234567890").

- Do the same for the numbers. You can make the list as long as needed, just copy the last line below the end (make sure the brackets and commas are not removed or displaced) .

- Save the file.

- Shut down the device and remove the USB cable.

- Restart your Go 720.

- If successful, you will now see your Phone Book entries listed.

We hope this information helps! If you have any further questions or comments, please email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 7:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way the easy way.

With Best Regards,

Erica
The TomTom Customer Support Team

this can be attempted manually

now doesn't that sound like fun...manually transferring 250 phone book entries into a .txt file...hmmm

I sure hope that my BBerry can be transfered in a much easier manner...??:eek:

stk

loading phonebook to TT 920

i have a TT 920 and i have the same problem.
LG Chocolate phone.

i wonder if the LG is not compatible with the 920 either?

now doesn't that sound like fun...manually transferring 250 phone book entries into a .txt file...hmmm

I sure hope that my BBerry can be transfered in a much easier manner...??:eek:

stk

My 8830 transferred with no problems. Actually, I just tested and dialed my sister and it worked fine and we conversed back and forth from the comfort of my den. Hmm. Just tried calling my cell phone and the 920 picked up when I selected the PHONE ICON.

DTMF is NOT supported???? I don't know if it is the BB8830 or the 920!

Thanks for the info. I have well over 200 phone numbers to put into the TT, which doesn't sound fun at all too me. :eek:

I guess i will have to prioritize my numbers in order of importance.

Thanks again.

Dark.

my BB 8703 will not transfer the phone book - gets an "uncaught exception error" on the BB when I attempt to. I then loose all BT function until I remove the battery and reboot it.

DTMF also does not work, However I can dial the phone from the 720 to initate a call

The other odd thing is once a call is active and I use the phone to key the pin number or additional keys after the call is active it will always fail.

My LG9400 wouldnt download the phone book either, so I did the manual entry (used bitpim to export the numbers to an excel file then did some cutting and pasting). the only think that sucks on it is when someone calls you, the TT puts a +1 in front of the number on caller ID feature. So if you hit redial, it wont go thru. Oh well.

- Connect your Go 720 to the computer.

- On your computer desktop open My Computer.

- Open the TomTom drive.

- Make a txt file in the root of your TT called contacts.txt .

It does work, except the contacts.txt file should not be in the root directory, but in the folder 'contacts'

Henk

Last edited:
Hello!

I am unable to load my phonebook from my LG mobile phone. Is there something that i may not be doing correctly to get this to work? My phone connects perfectly to the 720 just unable to upload the phonebook to it.

If someone can let me know what i am doing wrong i would be in your debt! :)

Thanks!
Dark

Not all phones are compatible with this feature. Have you tried enabling data in addition to handsfree calling?

If you're able to connect and make calls no problem then I can only assume that this is not a feature that is compatible.

Ask a Question