LE won't find current position unless reset

TomTom Model(s)
One 2nd edition
My have a 2nd edition, but my brother just bought an LE. He just got it yesterday and says that it won't update his current position after he turns it off and back on, unless he does a paper clip reset first. He says it has a sattelite lock - the screen even shows in color, not B & W, but it just doesn't update his position until he uses the paper clip.

He says he has OS 7.11. I told him to try and update to the latest OS.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

My have a 2nd edition, but my brother just bought an LE. He just got it yesterday and says that it won't update his current position after he turns it off and back on, unless he does a paper clip reset first. He says it has a sattelite lock - the screen even shows in color, not B & W, but it just doesn't update his position until he uses the paper clip.

He says he has OS 7.11. I told him to try and update to the latest OS.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

How long does he wait for it to reestablish where he is? Sometimes it may take a few seconds on up to a minute or more. Just depends.

The same thing happened to my 910 after upgrading from OS v6.5 to v7.1 and also QuickGPSFix. I deleted the QuickGPSFix files (2 of them) and it locked in seconds. On my 910, the QuickGPSFix is stored inside the "ephem" folder.

Thanks for that idea.

I just called my brother and he said that after upgrading to 7.162, it seems to work now!

There seems to be an issue with the firmware that shipped with the LE units. Mine had it and the software update from Tomtom fixed it and it's been 3 weeks now of just working!

Ask a Question