One XL won't find sattelites

Make sure the unit is in an open area not blocked by trees, buildings, etc. Also, make sure you have the map selected for the area you're in.

Leave the unit in a stationary position for 5-10 minutes.

No I haven't yet. Would you or anyone care to be so kind and lead me in direction of getting this? Sorry I'm new to this..:(

Connect your unit to the computer. Start Home. Click on Update My Unit. After a few minutes the screen should show items to update on your unit, including a quickgpsfix. If so, select Install and let it do so.

IMPORTANT: After your updates, use Home's menu option for Device-->Disconnect but do NOT do so when the screen says it's ok to do so. Wait till you see the progress bar on your unit go completely across the screen (it's writing data to internal memory). STILL WAIT. Your unit should cycle through to the screen asking if you want to connect to the computer. Say 'no'. Now, you can power off the unit. (and disconnect from computer).

That seems to have worked.. I thank ya bunches!!!:cool:

Just to add a little info about the "QuickGPSFix"...It's a file that tells your GPS where the satellite's are for about 7 days or so. So each time you connect your gps using "Home" their may be a new quickgpsfix file to download. When ever you update your gps it's a good idea to download it ,just keeps you up to date.....:)

Ask a Question