Itinerary Planning for Europe while in US with GO 910

TomTom Model(s)
I have the 910. I did the backup described by Guttboy -- nice post -- and have set it up with my home address in the US to use here.
However, I got the 910 because I wanted to have a device I could also use in Europe. I'm planning a trip with my son and would like to put in some advance itineraries. But the device will only let me plan itineraries in North America. I used TT Home and can see that the Western Europe maps are in the 910 device. (So are the Canary Islands, for that matter.)
The manual does not speak to this issue.
1. Is it possible to do European itinerary planning from the US?
2. If so, how?
Thanks.

First of all, you have to switch maps. You will find this function in the "Change preferences" "Manage maps" sections. (Don't forget to switch back to the North American map when you're done playing with it.)

Of course, you can't get a satellite fix to use the Europe map because you are not in Europe. So do your planning with the "Prepare route" function. (It may also be called "Advanced planning", depending on your firmware version.)

Find your destinations, hotels, etc. and save them as 'Favorites', or better still, as POIs.

Yes - pretty straight forward.

Change to Europe map, go to the itinerary menu, and set them up and save each one.

When you go back to US maps, they will still be there, but lined out. When you switch back to European map again - they should be ready to go

Ask a Question