Is there a max on POI's??

I have a program that will save files in the ov2 format. The program is GSAK which I use for Geocaching. I have found that there must be a limit as to the number of points you can load in a file on the TT Rider2. I believe it's 24 or so. Other than making a number of files with that 24 in each then load them, does anyone know of a work around on that one? The files themself are very small so memory isn't an issue I don't believe.

I also tried loading a poi file from the web site with Harley Davidson stores. It was a test. I ride a Yamaha Royal Star Venture. :) It had a lot of them. When loaded on the TT it hit that same barrier.

What's up??

You can have 1000's of points in an individual poi custom file but it will just list the first (closest) 24.

But you can use the 'find' button and type in part of a name and all in the file will show up.

For example, under retaurants, type 'donald' and all the Macdonalds in the file will get listed.

Works to a point but........

Thanks for the info you suggested but I don't think the TTR2 is made for geocaching. Here is the problem.......If I load a file with 325 geocaches/waypoints (poi's I guess the name is) it will only show 24 or so (the closest). I would have to have a hard copy in paper to know the name of one of them I want to find 75 miles from my location. Without knowing the names of the caches I would never be able to "find" one to bring it up on the list. That part does work no problem if you know the name but being able to load the whole list like on my hand held Magellan and seeing the name, distance and direction isn't what the Rider 2 was made for.

Maybe there is a reason why the TTR2 doesn't show a list which you can decide how many you want to see. I would like the option that if I want to see/scroll though the whole list or maybe just the ones within X number of miles that would be nice. Hey tech guys at TT. Are you listening????

Ask a Question