Is ONE 140-S the same as ONE IQ Routes Edition?

I've just purchased a new TomTom One 140-S from an ebay seller. The outside of the box mentions that model name (on a sticker).

When I use the TomTom One application to view System Information, it shows:

* Connected device: "TomTom ONE IQ Routes Edition"

ID: "AKTGJ AJK4N"
Type: "one2009_plus_2048_tts"

Are these the same? Whenever I do a web search for IQ Routes, it tends to show non-USA websites (I'm in the US).

A North America map is preloaded; version 825.2197. When I try to update to the latest map, 835.2460 which is only a few MB larger, it complains that there is no room on the device. I spotted a thread from a few months back regarding the 140-S and lack of space, but this version of 835 seems like the "small" one that should fit.

Thanks.

140S seems to be the US name, IQ Routes Edition is the European name for the same product.

The 825 map and 835 maps are not the same size; on my 140S the 825 map did not include the crpoi.dat file and hence was about 250MB smaller than the 835 map. In order to install the new map, you need to delete some voices. Deleting all the foreign computer voices should do the trick.

The ONE IQROUTES is the european name for the American ONE 140.

The ONE 140S isn't sold in Europe. The European ONE models don't have text-to-speech.

Ask a Question