Is anybodys RDS-TMC receiver working?

I got a RDS-TMC receiver for xmas and I can get a station but I don't get any traffic info. The "Min Traffic Delays", Show traffic on route" and "Read aloud traffic info" buttons are grayed out. Tomtom tells me their traffic system been down for two days (although the stuff i see on the net say weeks and months) and that there is no time for resolution. Does anybody have one that does work today?

Haven't used mine since last Wednesday, but it worked fine then. Will see how it works when I go in to work tomorrow...

Haven't used mine since last Wednesday, but it worked fine then. Will see how it works when I go in to work tomorrow...

How do you know if it works? I get the green light, but have yet to see any traffic. I've been mostly on route 10 and 46 and no warnings of any kind appear.

Does the traffic info only appear when you take a major highway, or may it work on more local roads?

Thanks,
Rob

How do you know if it works? I get the green light, but have yet to see any traffic. I've been mostly on route 10 and 46 and no warnings of any kind appear.

Does the traffic info only appear when you take a major highway, or may it work on more local roads?

Thanks,
Rob

to test, plan a long rout, if the rt10 and rt 46 are NJ roads, plan a trip to the end of Long Island say around 6pm tonight. then you will see all the delays

Mine worked fine today as usual. How do you know if it works? Uh, maybe go to the traffic menu and select browse map, then zoom way out and you should see some traffic incidents somewhere. Or maybe there just aren't any incidents in your area - listen to a local radio station and see what they're reporting, then compare to your map.

to test, plan a long rout, if the rt10 and rt 46 are NJ roads, plan a trip to the end of Long Island say around 6pm tonight. then you will see all the delays

That worked! Long Island is a parking lot at that time of day. Thanks!!

Does anyone know if the traffic is limited to Interstate, US Highways or if it can appear on State Routes and more local streets?

Rob

i know in my area the OTA traffic updates hit all the major arteries (intrastates/highways and larger surface roads) and if there is something really nasty they cover the smaller roads as well.

Looking forward to finally getting my 720 TODAY :D

That worked! Long Island is a parking lot at that time of day. Thanks!!

Does anyone know if the traffic is limited to Interstate, US Highways or if it can appear on State Routes and more local streets?

Rob

traffic is traffic, it will appear if the information is sent over.

I am in the mutha of all traffic areas (Atlanta) and have had mine for 2 weeks driving 120 miles through the middle during both rush hours. I have yet to see a warning although I have a green light and 4 Clear Channel stations to receive from.

I got a RDS-TMC receiver .... Tomtom tells me their traffic system been down for two days (although the stuff i see on the net say weeks and months) and that there is no time for resolution.
The TT traffic service has absolutely nothing to do with RDS-TMC. TomTom have no control over what, when, how or where messages are sent over the RDS-TMC network. Their involvement is limited to selling you the receiver, and that's it.

TomTom's traffic system supplies information for their 'PLUS Traffic' service only so would have absolutely no affect to your ability to receive info from RDS-TMC.

I know not much help for you guys but my RDS-TMC works well in the UK and across most of Europe. Used it on most trips and all been good.
Only thing I found is the delays aren't always there. :)

The TT traffic service has absolutely nothing to do with RDS-TMC. TomTom have no control over what, when, how or where messages are sent over the RDS-TMC network. Their involvement is limited to selling you the receiver, and that's it.

TomTom's traffic system supplies information for their 'PLUS Traffic' service only so would have absolutely no affect to your ability to receive info from RDS-TMC.

If that were true why is it that when I go to My TT web site it shows me haveing a 1 year subscription with 1 month free? :confused:

Ask a Question