Internal/AssertFail error on map dowload

Hi
got refurbed XL IQR - tried to download free updated West Eur map and failed first time due to lack of disc space- cleaned up computer and retried getting this error...

ERROR: Internal/AssertFail: Code bug: We're sorry but an error has occurred during the use of HOME on your computer. Please contact Customer Support.
item using Durham encryption scheme expected
Severity: 1105
Stack:
0. function assert chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:473
throw new Bug(errorStr, "Internal/AssertFail" + (id ? "/" + id : ""));
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/model/ttNavItem.js:754
assert(this._drm && this._drmScheme == "durham", "item using Durham encryption scheme expected")
2. chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/installSelectSome/installSelectSome.js:718
let copiedItem = localItem.createCopyWithDurhamCertificate(certificateFile);
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:79
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/downloader.js:424
this.finalizeDownload());
5. chrome://tthome/content/logic/downloader.js:396
this._finishedSuccessfully();

Time: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 19:52:38 GMT

However I do have the Western Europe map in Complete folder in C drive with cab/zip files etc from previous attempt.
Should I
a. delete/move this and retry download
b. attempt to install from C drive - bearing in mind I didn't understand some of the instructions in the post about this- what's Winrar for example?

thanks very much

WinRar is an application that unzips compressed files such as the compressed map folder on your computer. Get it here and select the first link on the screen as the version you want.

Then follow through the instructions here:
here

Winrar failed

Got Winrar- thanks but download extract from C drive to unit failed about half-way through with

! C:\Documents and Settings\Caroline\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\map\Western___Central_Europe_2GB\Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB.zip: Write error in the file cspeech_ITA.dat. Probably the disk is full
! There is not enough space on the disk.
! C:\Documents and Settings\Caroline\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\map\Western___Central_Europe_2GB\Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB.zip: Write error in the file cspeech_ITA.dat. Probably the disk is full
! There is not enough space on the disk.

The original downlaod failed because C drive was full so think this is to do with it.
Do you have anymore advice- will Tomtom now be knackered? Should I reinstall the back-up?

tomtom still thinks I'm due a download- use another computer? Delete existing downloaded map which has above error?? Open to suggestions.
thanks
Caroline

Completely gone

Please help- computer does not even recognise there is a device when I plug it in. It's an as yet unpaid for ?100 paper weight and we're off to Germany in a week and a half. Still got the back-up but how can I install it when windows explorer can't even see that it's there?

Oh nooooooooooo

Okay.........listen up.

Theere appears to be a bunch of csspeechXX.dat files in the downloaded map. They are for models that have Voice Recognition but I don't think your model does. It requires a microphone which you don't have.

So.....try deleting all those cspeechxx files from the compressed cab file. Think you can do so with WinRar. Then install the map using the link for instructions I provided.

It should fit now.

deleting files

So delete all 20 files of format
cspeech_GBR.dat etc?
Write click and delete or right click and extract to specified folder (or save somewhere else??)

Tried re-adding this map (without having deleted above files) through tomtom after deleting device map and got not enough space on device error (map wanted 1.8 GB and there was 1.8GB on device- had to restore AGAIN)

Just wary of doing deleting something important so would like exact instructions- thanks

If you have a chance to extract them to the computer, then sure go for it. The idea is to have a smaller map file to install and removal of these files will do that.

Ask a Question