In car satnav with windows CE 6

I would like to know if tom tom maps on a sd card can be loaded onto my in car satnav in place of the existing igo my way primo 2.0. The hard ware is from A-Sure DVD/Satnav head unit version VW 2013-12-26-11:10:20. Any advice would be appreciated. aggie

Sorry, TomTom maps work only in TomTom devices and in-built products from certain car manufacturers. I don't recognize your hardware as being TomTom compliant.

Sorry, TomTom maps work only in TomTom devices and in-built products from certain car manufacturers. I don't recognize your hardware as being TomTom compliant.
Hiya, thanks for getting back to me. It says in the manual windowsCE net 6 supports Destinator,Route 66 Navteq, Tom Tom WincCE version etc based on windows CE net 6. operating system. so I might have been had I was relying on loading Tom Tom which I have used for years what do you think? aggie

If you had a Windows CE version of TomTom software (?) then it would support the maps formatted for use by TomTom units. I believe they did so with Windows Mobile, however.

That said, most of the Chinese documentation lies about what these devices support and what they do not. I was told outright that their own software supported TomTom maps (which it does not). I assume you have a Chinese aftermarket in-dash system?

cheers canderson you are right it is a chinese in-dash system from a-sure running wince 6. I am going to try tom tom Navigator 7 what do you think? I have managed to load the radar from pocketgpsworld on to the igo primo sdcard so it could be compatible with tom tom fingers crossed. I have installed the unit and everything seems to work ok but I would prefer the tom tom maps if only this could be achieved it would be the icing on the cake. Thanks again for you help. Aggie

Most times, there are issues with Navigator 7, less so with Navigator 6 -- at least that's my recollection from the 'old days'. It would be well worth doing some web crawling to see what turns up. The pocketgpsworld files won't match up. iGO uses a different POI format than TomTom. TomTom has no clue about KML files.

Ask a Question