I just got my One

TomTom Model(s)
One v3
New GPS user here, I'm VERY glad to find such a valuable resource as this site! :) I just downloaded Tripmaster v1.7b, I was stunned when I found out about this as I will use my One on my Ducati Multistrada. Exploring new roads and recording where I went was something I was really looking forward to, but was disappointed to find I couldn't easily do this at my price point. It's amazing to me that we have the ability to customize our GPS's to such a degree, I'm pleasantly surprised!

If anyone could give me an idea of "must have" customizations, or anything else I should know about the One, it will be most welcome as I am totally new to this and have no idea what is available or what to expect.

Thanks!

Hello Scrambles and welcome

You already have tripmaster which is a very useful app. I would recommend Suntime so it will change the day/night settings for you.

If you really want to customize you can use TT Menu Builder to build your own menu.

Anyway, enjoy your ONE.

Hello Scrambles, and welcome! I would also recommend a custom menu. It's so much easier when the "clear route" is on page one. :)

hello and welcome to TTF!

If you're in Europe, download the Routes (most of which can be taken by motorcycle) and let your TT guide you through the scenic countryside!

Hello and welcome!

Be sure to back up your SD card

If you're in the states, Please order your free map upgrade.

I also just got my TomTomoneV4 yesterday and am wondering about the map upgrade. Can you point me in the direction of instructions for how to do this? Thanks and So far what a great site!

I also just got my TomTomoneV4 yesterday and am wondering about the map upgrade. Can you point me in the direction of instructions for how to do this? Thanks and So far what a great site!
Go to the TomTom website and log in to your account. There should be a huge flash on the main page about the new maps. If not, then click products (on the top grey bar) then click maps (on the left side).

Thanks! according to that site and my product code I already have the newest maps on my One. So I guess I don't need to go through all of that. Now to figure out how to add POI and I like how tripmaster and suntime sound!

Well I have been playing and figured out how to change my splash and suspend screens! I think it is really cool that you can personalize this thing! I really like it already and am glad I decided to go with it!

Last edited:
What map version do you have?
The site will tell you that you have the latest maps when infact you dont
click on here to learn how to find your map version.

Will be interesting to see if the new v3/v4 comes with the latest maps. Please post back! :)

I also have the v4, and Home told me my maps were up to date when I checked.

Are you sure you have v4? As you can see when I connect my TT1 to HOME it shows it as v4 but it is completely wrong. I don't have 1GB of internal memory.

tthomeversion.jpg

Also, HOME doesn't tell you if your maps are up to date. The latest version of the maps are v665.1293

Ask a Question