How to avoid Washington DC?

Ok, I have a TOMTOM One 3rd series. I really love it. Me and my gf use it all the time when we take trips. Well this september we are going to Rodanthe, NC. However, whenever i try to use it, it takes me through Washington DC. Which I know will be terrible, alot of other maps dont go this route. Whenever i try to do an alternative route all i get are road choices. Any ideas?

I don't think your model allows for itinerary planning but it shoyuld allow for 1 waypoint in a route. Can you not select a location that will cause it to avoid Washington?

Through Washington or around Washington? Big difference. Not sure where you are coming from, but on my One XL-S...after a route is calculated: Find Alternative / Travel Via... / Enter an address/city or (blue arrow) and select a point on the map,

Ok, I have a TOMTOM One 3rd series. I really love it. Me and my gf use it all the time when we take trips. Well this september we are going to Rodanthe, NC. However, whenever i try to use it, it takes me through Washington DC. Which I know will be terrible, alot of other maps dont go this route. Whenever i try to do an alternative route all i get are road choices. Any ideas?

Coming from new york and going to Rodanthe I press alternative and then to avoid Baltimore. Now it goes via Clinton and Harrisburg then Carlisle and avoids washington. But from 9 hrs 55 minuits it goes up to 11 hours or so. But I have to agree Washington and the beltway is really bad

Ask a Question