How much can be displayed in a POI?

TomTom Model(s)
I really didnt see an appropriate spot for this question in the POI area so Ill ask away here....

With regards to POI's...when I click on them I get the phone number and name of the POI....is there any way to see if there is other information associated with the POI....perhaps hours of operation, address, misc information?

Not sure if this is possible but I was curious....

Regards:)

Hi Guttboy,

The only information associated with a POI (other than it lat/long) is what you see when you tap on it. There is nothing else.

It is possible to include such info, but if it is not shown when you tap on it, it doesn't exist. If you created your own POI's you could include that info.

However, as I have stated many times before, the address is totally irrelevant. You have something far more accurate than the address already, the co-ordinates! That is why address is not included. It is less than pointless!

Well not less than pointless....perhaps you need to MAIL something to the place of business OR you need to give the address to a person w/o a Tom Tom or GPS device....I am sure there are some other reasons.....but more info would be nice....it is good to know though that you can add more information....Ill give it a shot!

I really didnt see an appropriate spot for this question in the POI area so Ill ask away here....

With regards to POI's...when I click on them I get the phone number and name of the POI....is there any way to see if there is other information associated with the POI....perhaps hours of operation, address, misc information?

Not sure if this is possible but I was curious....

Regards:)

I have been creating some of my own POI files and it appears that there is a limit of 63 characters in a given POI.

Ask a Question