How do I POI and its Icon??

TomTom Model(s)
Go Live1535
Discovered today that a Local Tim Hortons eatery was not listed in my map location., as it is relatively new Under 2 years or so old in existence.
So I went into menu options to add the POI and I typed in the name and pin pointed the place on the map.. but the only POI listed to add was restaurant.. So after putting in the information it now only shows fork and knife for the Restaurant..
But as we all know here in Canada, Tim Hortons has its Own Red and Black 'Icon' with name to depict the Exact eatery..
How do I add the icon to the name I inputted ???

You need to create a new POI category for your Horton additions if you want to create your own list. But that's probably doing it the hard way.

Take a wander over to POI Factory | new & interesting places for your GPS. They've got the Horton POI file and there are three icons you can grab. If you click on any of the 3 *.bmp icons (the first is the one you mentioned in your post), it will open up a new browser window. Right click on the image and save the *.bmp file. It will need to be named with the same name as your custom POI file (e.g., HORTONS.OV2 and HORTONS.BMP) to associate it with the POI. But like I say - it may be easier just to grab the whole thing.

Tim Horton's Restaurant US & Canada | POI Factory should give you the whole shootin' match.

So I signed up and downloaded the .bmp file of Timmys over to my explorer files .. I thought then maybe I would have to drag this over to my north_america2G folder but it already contains a tim hortons image in there already.. ?
How do I get the new POI into my tom tom again??

So I signed up and downloaded the .bmp file of Timmys over to my explorer files .. I thought then maybe I would have to drag this over to my north_america2G folder but it already contains a tim hortons image in there already.. ?
How do I get the new POI into my tom tom again??
It sounds like you already had a Horton's POI file from somewhere or that icon wouldn't have been there already. Take a look in your N_A2G folder at the *.ov2 files that are present. See anything there that looks like you have Horton's? If so, sounds like the matching *.bmp was already there, too. You just need to select that POI for display (Change Preferences > Show POI on Map > select the Horton one), and add to it when you want -- rather than messing with the TomTom "Restaurant" POI category -- although you could be a sport and add it there too, and share it via MapShare next time you plug in.

You add a POI from the same menu as when making any other map correction, or Browse Map, select the spot, and "Add as POI".

I went to Tim Horton's official website and under Tools & Fun I found this link which enabled me to upload all the Timmy's in the US and Canada on my 630. I hope this helps :D

Ask a Question