Home will not install on XP

I can't run tomtom home on XP either

I just bought a 3rd edition tomtom one from my local electronics store. Got a good deal too because it was on the end of the line and a new one has been released. The guy at the store assured me I would have no problem getting the new maps onto it. So I logged on. First my tomtom install program downloaded the .zip file automatically.

Great I thought :) . So after 20mb of download I tried to unzip it. Go to the home page and see what I should do and I find that I should have only got the .zip if I have an apple. Not that lucky. So I download another 20mb of file getting the one for XP. Well it seems to start but after a few seconds seems to just give up. All I have is a couple of hidden files that look like some sort of preparation schedule for the real install.

I went on the site again and registered. Then left my query. The site assured me I would get a response in a couple of days. Well I got an automated responce that tried to help by suggesting that the tomtom was not connected to my computer. Of course it was, that was how I found out about the two different programs.

Anyway, I have not heard any more from that site. Can someone here help us?

Regards
Eastwind

I have a TomTomOne 130S and cannot download & install on my desktop

Has anyone figured out what the problem is? I saw Saud's post about downloading Microsoft Net Framework 4..set and I did so but I still cannot get TomTom to install. TomTom does not download to my desktop but in a little window called downloads. Very very puzzled. Gosh, I sure would appreciate help, please.

The application doesn't download to little windows, it downloads to a folder on your computer. It depend how you've set it up. (for example, I have all downloads go to a temp folder on my c drive).

As I mentioned to you in another post, use Agent Ransack to find the application and then right click it and choose 'run'.

Hi, I'm sorry but I tried Agent Ransack and I clicked run and I did not get anywhere. I know of no special settings on my desktop. The following is the message I got, after clicking Run- (a window opened that read)-

"Run As

Which user do you want to run this program?

Box was checked. Current user (Acer 14219167C5\Maureen)

Box checked. Protect my computer and data from unauthorized activity.

This option can prevent computer viruses from harming your computer or
personal data but selecting it might cause program to function improperly."

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

I deselected both of the above boxes and selected run and nothing happened.

Do you think it would help me if I turned off Norton AntiVirus and removed Firewall? I was on the phone with TomTom (1/866-486-6866) and they could not help me.:confused:

Tried the various options? Right click, double click left click, single click left click?

More & more it's sounding like a firewall issue preventing the running of the file.......

Hi, I thank you again. Out of frustration, I took the desktop to Best Buy and they said that the reason that TomTom would not download properly and installl was due to missing software. In any event, they had the desktop for about 45 minutes and they downloaded TomTom and installed it and it works fine now. I was just about ready to pull my hair out and give up. Again, I thank you so so very much. :)

hi

for those of you that can not install tomtom home this is what i did and it worked. Download home version 2.3 just google it, thats it easy as that then update from there.

For anyone having this problem, I got mine to install by installing this software from Microsoft:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package ATL Security Update

Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package ATL Security Update

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot - none of the other suggestions worked as I couldn't find a working link to download an old version anywhere, but I installed the above and it worked immediately! Windows is awful!

Ask a Question